All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChange is the essence of progress. We w stand at the crossroads of our civilization where change is essential in the conduct of our institu- tions, in the plans and models we project for the future, and in the very patterns of our thinking if we are to survive as one nation under God ...with liberty and justice for all. Opportunity to participate and fulfill the responsibility of building the nation must be available to all citizens in a true republic. For the viability of governmental institutions, in a modem democratic nation- state, rests on the diversity of the genius of her citizens, and this enables the nation to accommodate herself better to changes of the times. But if the nation becomes impervious to change and resistant to modify its institutions to keep in pace with the times, then the nation will indeed be doomed to wither and perish. History is replete with examples of civilizations that have gone that course. It is therefore our responsibility to insure that our government institutions are kept receptive to change and reflective of the needs and concerns of her citizenry. In America today, ecomic and social powers generally go to those who can claim a superior education and professional experience. As our society, and indeed the world, becomes increasingly dependent on science and techlogy, education in those fields becomes impera- tive to the power equation.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication20/03/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byVijaya L. Melnick
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1977
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.