All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionNothing short of mind-blowing . . . Just amazing stuff Newsday A fast-paced, fascinating tale that combines shoe leather, high-tech forensics and some healthy dollops of luck .Biegel makes a compelling case that he's solved the mystery his book is a home run. Associated Press October 3, 1951. Giants third baseman Bobby Thomson hit the most dramatic home run in the history of baseball. The moment occurred in the bottom of the ninth inning of a sudden-death playoff game between the New York Giants and their arch rivals from Brooklyn, the Dodgers. People across the nation watched on their new TV sets, and the home run became kwn as the Shot Heard Round the World. But after clearing the left- eld wall, the central artifact of the play the ball itself inexplicably went missing. The mystery of what happened to the legendary baseball has remained unsolved for a half century. Until w. Miracle Ball is the gripping account of author Brian Biegel s two-year effort to unravel the mystery that experts said could never be solved. A sports story for the ages, an engrossing mystery narrative, and a moving account of a man s unbreakable bond with his family and of his struggles to save himself, Miracle Ball delivers both heart and headlines.
- Author BiographyBRIAN BIEGEL is an award-winning writer and lmmaker whose credits include Getting My Child Back: Fighting Autism and the documentary lm version of this book similarly titled Miracle Ball: The Hunt for the Shot Heard Around the World. He has written and produced on-air promotions for ABC and USA networks and written and produced an Off-Broadway play called Bark Out Loud. He lives in Manhattan. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Brian Biegel,Pete Fornatale
- PublisherThree Rivers Press (CA)
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThree Rivers Press (CA)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width133 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.