Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe newest addition to the Contemporary Sports Classics series, 'Miracle on 33rd Street' is an account of the Knicks' first and only NBA title from the pre-season through the playoffs. It has gained a following because Berger covers t just the baseline jumpers and backdoor passes - he took readers out of bounds and captured the whole story: legendary coach Red Holzman shouting at the team in practice; beer-swilling Knick fans shouting at the participants and spitting on the court; life on the road in and out of hotels, where players are left to their own devices between games. This particular Knick team featured some of basketball's all-time greats such as Dave DeBusschere, Willis Reed, Walt Frazier, and Bill Bradley. More than anything else, this team is remembered for stumbling toward the championship despite key injuries, internal dissension, and a number of outside pressures - and they did it without a true superstar player.
- Author(s)Phil Berger
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2001
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Series TitleContemporary Sports Classics S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Publishing Co.
- Out-of-print date05/11/2004
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight350 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.