All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWas the birth of the Republic an accident of history or part of a divine plan? Is God on America's side? Is it possible a providential hand intervened at critical junctures during the American Revolution? Larkin Spivey, a decorated Marine Corps officer and respected military professor, believes so. This provocative account of the American Revolution offers historical evidence that the hand of God was at work during the pivotal era of America's founding. Author Larkin Spivey, a respected military historian, shows how a series of remarkable and miraculous occurrences laid the foundations for the Republic. With compelling facts and interpretations, this portrait of early America is both amazing and uplifting. Whether you agree with his conclusions about how God's providence ties in with American history, Larkin hopes that you will continue reading to learn about the magnificently complex men and events that contributed to the founding of America, and why I might consider them miraculous.
- Author BiographyLarkin Spivey is a decorated veteran of the Vietnam War and a retired Marine Corps officer. Larkin commanded infantry and reconnaissance units in combat and was trained in parachute, submarine, and Special Forces operations. He was with the blockade force during the Cuban Missile Crisis and served President Nixon in the White House. As a faculty member at the Citadel, Larkin taught courses in U.S. military history, a subject of lifelong personal and professional interest. Hi is the author of God in the Trenches and Miracles of the American Revolution and has most recently authored Stories of Faith and Courage from World War II, a God & Country Press Battlefields & Blessings release. A lay Eucharist minister of the Episcopal Church, Larkin writes full time and resides in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. He is actively involved in the Luis Palau Evangelistic Association.
- Author(s)Larkin Spivey
- PublisherGod & Country
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGod & Country
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.