Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.20Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe young son of the head of the Chinese Traders' Association is burdened with responsibility for his powerful family upon his father's sudden death. A latter-day Baoyu, but with stronger sexual impulses, the son learns to tame his own libido and conduct himself prudently in Guangzhou society. This is the story of a comparatively little-kwnand little-studied vel called Shenlou zhi, which is translated here for the first time. This strikingly original work develops the culture of adolescence that was first described in Honglou meng and also relishes the romantic conventions of Shuihu zhuan.
- Author BiographyPatrick Hanan (1927-2014) was Victor S. Thomas Professor of Chinese Literature at Harvard University, USA.
- Author(s)Patrick Hanan
- PublisherThe New York Review of Books, Inc
- Date of Publication18/08/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintThe New York Review of Books, Inc
- Weight656 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $72.34New
- AU $28.99New
- AU $16.49New
- AU $12.89Used
- AU $79.87New
- AU $18.82New
- AU $113.79New
- AU $22.53New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $28.99
- AU $13.83Trending at AU $16.49
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $79.87
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $12.64Trending at AU $22.59
- AU $17.03Trending at AU $20.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.