All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHounded by the Czech Communist regime in the 1960s, the controversial photographer Miroslav Tich∆ (born 1926) has today found acclaim for his photographs of women taken with homemade cameras. This handsomely produced Tich∆ mograph is unique among Tichy publications for two reasons: firstly because the photographs, drawn from private collections, are all previously unpublished; and secondly because it is conceived and authored by the Italian former Situationist Gianfranco Sanguinetti, who has likewise come into conflict with state authorities, having been deported from France and Italy several times for his work with Guy Debord. The bulk of the photographs in this volume are derived from Sanguinetti's Tich∆ collection, and are prefaced with a lengthy meditation on the photographer by Sanguinetti, who declares his admiration for Tich∆'s personal and artistic disregard for social conventions, and the anti-modernist character of his methods and materials.
- Date of Publication31/08/2011
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1950 g
- Width249 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Photographer(s)Miroslav Tichy
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $22.83Trending at AU $27.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.