All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionMisReading America presents original research on and conversation about reading formations in American communities of color, using the phemen of the reading of scriptures- scripturalizing -as an analytical wedge. Scriptures here are understood as shorthand for complex social phemena, practices, and dynamics. The authors take up scripturalizing as a window onto the self-understandings, politics, practices, and orientations of marginalized communities. These communities have in common the context that is the United States, with the challenges it holds for all regarding: pressure to conform to conventional-canical forms of communication, representation, and embodiment (mimicry); opportunities to speak back to and confront and overturn conventionality (interruptions); and the need to experience ongoing meaningful and complex relationships (reorientation) to the centering politics, practices, and myths that define America.
- Author BiographyVincent L. Wimbush is Professor of Religion and Director of the Institute for Signifying Scriptures at Claremont Graduate University.
- Author(s)Lalruatkima,Melissa Renee Reid
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication29/08/2013
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note4 illus.
- Weight592 g
- Width160 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byVincent L. Wimbush
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.