All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionApproximately one in four pregnancies ends in miscarriage but for each woman the experience is unique. This sympathetic and helpful book explores the many different ways in which women physically experience miscarriage and emotionally react to it. Drawing on the experiences of over 350 women, it will help every woman who has miscarried make sense of her loss and find her own way of coping with the confusion that frequently follows. Many aspects of miscarriage are covered including difficult issues that are often avoided: * the nature of the loss: tissue, embryo, foetus or baby? * guilt about an earlier abortion * explaining miscarriage to other children * the effect of miscarriage on a relationship * returning to work after miscarriage * coping with repeated miscarriages. The text also provides a set of guidelines to good practice for professionals, based on what women say they find helpful. Professionals who want to evaluate their own practice or develop the service they offer will find this an invaluable reference.
- Author(s)Christine Moulder
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/06/2001
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight453 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.