All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis essential book offers friendly support and practical advice for dealing with the common misconceptions encountered in the primary science classroom. Most pupils will arrive at the science lesson with previously formed ideas, based on prior reasoning or experience. However these ideas are often founded on common misconceptions, which if left unexplained can continue into adulthood. This handy book offers advice for teachers on how to recognise and correct such misconceptions. Key features include: Examples from the entire range of QCA Scheme of Work topics for Key Stages 1 and 2 Practical strategies to improve pupils' learning Support for teachers who want to improve their own scientific subject kwledgeMichael Allen describes over 100 common misconceptions and their potential origins, and then explains the correct principles. He suggests creative activities to help students to grasp the underlying scientific concepts and bring them alive in the classroom. This easy to navigate guide is grouped into three parts; life processes and living things; materials and their properties; and physical processes.
- Author BiographyMichael Allen is Lecturer in Science Education at Brunel University, UK and has a PhD in science education.
- Author(s)Michael Allen
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight487 g
- Width175 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.