All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a superbly illustrated volume examining recurrence of baroque themes, such as excessive opulence and theatricality, in contemporary art. Featuring the work of six international artists, this publication examines a recurring facet of contemporary artistic production: material excess, accumulation, bravado, asymmetry, and theatricality. The impact of such art is decidedly visual and primeval, with artists creating powerfully immersive environments aimed at enticing, challenging and even unsettling viewers. Three essays discuss ornamentation, hybridity, material sensibilities, transformation and the sublime in contemporary art practice.
- Author(s)Catherine Crowston
- PublisherNational Gallery of Canada
- Date of Publication18/07/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationOttawa, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintNational Gallery of Canada
- Content Note30 full-colour illustrations
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.