Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionIs the federal government inept? Walter Williams says yes. Thanks to Ronald Reagan's ill-conceived cutbacks, reliable policy advice is longer available to the president. The result has been the S&L bailout, the HUD scandal - mismanagement on an unprecedented scale. In this book Willims aims to show how Reagan, the first truly anti-analytic president, decimated the ranks of policy analysts and special information experts in the name of trimming back big government. Williams sets the stage and provides programme tes that explain both the crucial role of advisors and policy analysts in presidential policy making and where the system has gone wrong. Governments succeed or fail on information, analysis, and advice , Williams writes, but the system that provides our information analysis has been gutted . In Mismanaging America he t only reveals the linkage between the US ailing policy process and the anaemic, inept government that created the S&L and HUD scandals, but proposes urgently needed reforms to fight America's decline.
- Author(s)Walter Williams
- PublisherUniversity Press of Kansas
- Date of Publication30/11/1990
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationKansas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Kansas
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.