All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionLinguistic mismatch phemena involve semiotic functions that attach to forms in defiance of grammatical design features. Noun phrases, when used as predicates, are one example. How do predicate minals correspond to our theories of what uns mean? How do such phemena challenge traditional conceptions of grammar? How do competing theories of the syntax-semantics interface stand up when confronted with mismatch phemena? Mismatch addresses these questions through the efforts of some of the most original thinkers in semantic and semantic theory, exploring a wide variety of mismatch phemena in a broad sampling of languages.
- Author BiographyElaine J. Francis is assistant professor in the Department of English at the University of Hong Kong. Laura A. Michaelis is associate professor in the Department of Linguistics and a faculty fellow in the Institute of Cognitive Science at the University of Colorado at Boulder.
- PublisherCentre for the Study of Language & Information
- Date of Publication04/11/2003
- Place of PublicationStanford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCentre for the Study of Language & Information
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight588 g
- Width156 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byElaine J. Francis,Laura A. Michaelis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.