All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionAttempts to reach the moon, metaphorically and otherwise, are an ancient element of human imagination. With intrusions from mathematics and science, these poems are elegiac celebrations of various ambitions that miss the mark, but matter anyway. The poems sometimes center on events in the life of the poet or members of his family; sometimes on the geography, geology, and the histories accrued by local communities, human and otherwise; sometimes they center on historical figures reimagined-from Giacinto Scelsi to Alan Turing. But these poems are always about boundaries and barriers, crossed sometimes, igred at peril. They are about distances that must be travelled.
- Author BiographyBIN RAMKE grew up in Texas and Louisiana and spent his youth in the bayous and marshes among Cajun and German-immigrant relatives. Author of over 10 books of poetry, his first book won the Yale Younger Poets Prize. He teaches at the University of Denver where he holds the Phipps Chair in English and is an Evans Professor, and where he edited the Denver Quarterly for 17 years. He teaches on occasion at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
- Author(s)Bin Ramke
- PublisherOmnidawn Publishing
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationRichmond, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOmnidawn Publishing
- Weight177 g
- Width153 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.