All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionIn an era filled with mistrust for big government and big business, Charles Goodsell goes against this grain to draw attention to public agencies admired for what they do and how well they do it. In his groundbreaking new book, Goodsell places renewed focus on organizational mission and its potential to be a strong energizing force in government-one that animates a workforce internally and attracts admiration and talent externally. He offers a rmative template for the mystique that underlies this phemen and highlights-in six rich case studies-a driving sense of purpose, a cultural and motivational richness, and a capacity for tolerating dissent while still invating and learning. Analyzing what works best (and what doesn't), Goodsell provides a metric through which agency mystique can be evaluated and modeled. Goodsell's fresh take on public agencies t only defines good public administration in terms of ethical conduct, constitutional accountability, and performance effectiveness, but argues that the field must add the crucial standard of institutional vitality.
- Author BiographyCharles T. Goodsell is Professor Emeritus of Public Administration at the Center for Public Administration and Policy at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg. His previous books on public administration are Mission Mystique (2011), The Case for Bureaucracy (1983, 1985, 1994, 2004), Public Administration Illuminated and Inspired by the Arts (co-edited, 1995), The Public Encounter (edited, 1981), and Administration of A Revolution (1965). Other works include The American Statehouse (2001), The Social Meaning of Civic Space (1988), and American Corporations and Peruvian Politics (1974). He has lectured and spoken on bureaucracy throughout the United States and in Canada, Mexico, Britain, Australia, and China.
- Author(s)Charles T. Goodsell
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication19/12/2010
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleKettl Series
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCQ Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.