All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionFour hundred artful color and black and white illustrations provided a comprehensive view of houses in the lower Mississippi River Valley. These magnificent homes reflect diverse cultural backgrounds and adaptations to this scenic area, which includes regions of Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Illiis, Tennessee, and Missouri. Schuler traces the use of the French Colonial, Greek Revival, and Vernacular styles in each region, resulting in a flavorful sampling. Mississippi Architecture is many definitive works incorporated into one volume. Facades, floor plans, and details depict homes built between 1700 and the beginning of the war between the states. This handsome, authoritative work will be indispensable in providing restoration and revation ideas for one's own home.
- Author BiographyStanley Schuler has written over 40 books on architecture, home remodeling, and related topics, including The Cape Cod House and was the editor of Handy Andy magazine. he comes from a Mississippi family, and owns an old plantation on the Yazoo River. His expertise and love for the South have uniquely qualified him to write this book.
- Author(s)Stanley Schuler
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication15/06/1988
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note347 photos, 5 maps
- Weight1230 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.