Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.13Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCreated as a companion for the popular fourth-grade textbook Missouri Then and Now by Perry McCandless and William E. Foley, this workbook provides students additional insight into Missouri s rich history with cognitive activities and writing assignments. Missouri Then and Now Activity Book coordinates perfectly with the Grade 4 Benchmark and the new Content Specifications for Statewide Assessment and Grade Level Expectations. Using a mixture of traditional learning activities along with open-ended constructed response questions, this book promotes the kind of imaginative thinking that is required for students taking the MAP (Missouri Assessment Program) test.Each chapter has Vocabulary and Objectives pages. Students are encouraged t only to look up the definitions of the vocabulary words, but also to use them in sentences and draw accompanying illustrations. The Objectives pages are perfect for te-taking during class and while reading chapters of Missouri Then and Now. These pages take the place of the traditional fill-in-the-blank study guides of the past, and students become responsible for their learning. Also included are Assessment pages for use at the end of each chapter. Utilizing short questions and answers, as well as multipart questions, they cover all the material taught in the chapter. Some chapters also have cause-and-effect charts and timelines. In the teacher s edition, scoring guides are provided for the writing assignments, diagrams, and other projects. They are designed so that teachers can decide the criteria to be scored and the points they wish to award each item. The scoring guides can be adapted by teachers who decide to assign other activities. Blank history trading cards, which can be used with any chapter a teacher chooses, are also provided. Missouri Then and Now Activity Book challenges students at the same time that it allows for flexibility in teaching and scoring. Teachers decide when students may use the textbook as a reference, as well as whether to use the scoring guides in scoring responses. The activity book also lets the student have flexibility. For many of the activities, students can choose the type of response or diagram they wish to use to demonstrate their kwledge.With its stimulating activities, this book is the perfect accompaniment to Missouri Then and Now. Students willbenefit greatly as they become familiar with the rich history of their state, and teachers will find it extremely useful as a learning tool because it encourages students to broaden their thinking processes.
- Author BiographyPamela Fleming Lowe is a Fourth Grade eMINTS teacher and MAP Class 10 Leader in Poplar Bluff, Missouri. She was recently voted Teacher of the Year by the Poplar Bluff School District.
- Author(s)Pamela Fleming Lowe
- PublisherUniversity of Missouri Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2004
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMissouri
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Missouri Press
- Content Notetables, charts, maps
- Weight739 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementStudent Manual/Study Guide
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.