All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis stunning volume of photographs captures the sculpturally exquisite and iconic ballerina. Misty Copeland has single-handedly infused diversity and personality into the insular world of ballet, creating an unexpected resurgence of appreciation within contemporary popular culture. Her story is famously what movies are made of, and in 2015 she became an icon and household name when she became the first African-American female principal dancer in the long and prestigious history the American Ballet Theatre. Copeland s physique is what sculptures are modeled on, heralding the new physical ideal of strength and athleticism, beauty and grace. Misty Copeland is a collection of gorgeous, artful photographs by celebrated photographer Gregg Delman, taken in many studio visits from 2011 through 2014. Delman s talent for capturing movement is reflected in these images, which range from formal ballet positions to more athletic poses and candid moments, all together building an intimate portrait of Copeland as an athlete, an artist, and a woman. With striking and vibrant color photographs, this incredibly intimate volume is a visual tribute to the brilliant mystique of Misty Copeland, showcasing both her grace and strength. With short texts by Copeland and Delman, this book will be beloved by a diverse audience who share a common appreciation of fine photography and the human form.
- Author BiographyWith a passion for portraiture, Gregg Delman has traveled the world creating timeless, award-winning photographic portraits. His work has appeared in Time, Interview, Elle, GQ, Rolling Stone, The New York Times, Gotham, and Vogue, to name a few. He has created campaigns for HBO, Banana Republic, and American Express and has photographed a roster of notable persons and celebrities. Misty Danielle Copeland is an American ballet dancer for American Ballet Theatre (ABT), one of the three leading classical ballet companies in the United States. In April 2015, she was named one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time. On June 30, 2015, Copeland became the first African American woman to be promoted to principal dancer in ABT's 75-year history. Copeland is considered a prodigy who rose to stardom despite not starting ballet until the age of 13. In addition to her dance career, Copeland has become a public persona as a public speaker, celebrity spokesperson, stage performer and television personality. She has written two autobiographical books, one of which was optioned into a feature-length film, and narrated a documentary about her struggles, A Ballerina's Tale.
- Author(s)Gregg Delmann
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication27/09/2016
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content NoteFull colour photographs throughout
- Weight1066 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.