Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe complex relationship between science, war, and the military always provides new questions for historical science. This volume will provide an international comparative perspective of corresponding developments in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and medicine. The authors discuss biographical, disciplinary and institutional histories, as well as policy science issues. Particular attention is paid to the importance of war and war experience on biography and the work of scientists. Starting from the 18th century, the focus of the contributions lies in the early 19th century, the period of world wars, and the immediate postwar period after 1945. German text.
- Author(s)Jens Thiel,Peter Th Walther
- PublisherFranz Steiner Verlag Wiesbaden GmbH
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleWissenschaft, Politik Und Gesellschaft
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFranz Steiner Verlag Wiesbaden GmbH
- Edited byMatthias Berg
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.