Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionIn writing this book, I found the choice of a suitable title to be a most vexing problem. Lehninger's excellent earlier mograph The Mitochondrion had already appropriated in the domain of library cards what appeared to be the most fitting description of the subject matter. Once the text was completed, however, it became obvious that pluralization was the simplest solution to this dilemma. Variations in the structure and function of this organelle and recent discoveries of the phylogenetic diversity in the organization and genetic con- tent of its DNA all seemed to justify the idea that there are as many different mitochondria as there are mitochondriologists. Even though my initial intention was to provide advanced undergraduate and graduate students of cell biology with supplemental reading material on topics usually dealt with in a cursory manner by most standard texts, inevitably the scope was broadened to attract the interest of more seasoned readers who might be familiar with some but t other areas of mitochondrial studies. Con- sistent with the original aim, literature citations have been kept to a minimum and are avoided in the main body of the text for purposes of readability.
- Author(s)Alexander Tzagoloff
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication10/07/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number138
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note48 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight780 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1982
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.