CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionRatheiser's study provides the framework for a n-confessional, mitzvoth ethics-centered and historical-philological approach to the Jewish Bible and deals with the basic steps of an alternative paradigmatic perspective on the biblical text. The author seeks to demonstrate the ineptness of confessional and historical approaches to the Jewish Bible. Based on his observations and his survey of the history of interpretation of the Jewish Bible, Ratheiser introduces an alternative hermeneutical-exegetical approach to the Jewish Bible: the paradigm of examples. His study concludes that the biblical text is a collection of writings designed and formed from a specifically ethical-ethnic outlook. In other words, he regards the Jewish Bible to be written as an etiology of ancient instruction by ancient Jews to Jews and for Jews. As such, it serves as a religious-ethical identity marker that provides ancient Jews and their descendants with an etiology of Jewish life. Ratheiser regards this religious-ethical agenda to have been the driving force in the minds of the final editors/compilers of the biblical text as we have it today.
- Author BiographyDr. Gershom M.H. Ratheiser is Lecturer/docent at Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet Muenster, Germany, and Director of the Euregional Centre for Jewish History & Cultuur, Enschede, the Netherlands.
- Author(s)Gershom M. H. Ratheiser
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleThe Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight769 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.