All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEncouraging social and class diversity in neighborhoods has been a major goal of urban policy and planning in a number of different countries. Mixed Communities draws together case studies by a range of international experts to assess the impacts of social mix policies and the degree to which they might represent stealth gentrification, as well as their relationship to wider social, ecomic, and urban change. From the perspectives of researchers, policy makers and planners, and the residents of the communities themselves, this volume draws on lessons from international comparisons.
- Author BiographyGary Bridge is Professor of Urban Studies at the School for Policy Studies, University of Bristol. He has published extensively on gentrification, class and social change in cities as well as on questions of urban theory. Tim Butler is Professor of Human Geography at King's College, London and the Vincent Wright Visiting Professor of Sociology at Sciences Po, Paris. He is the author of several books on social change in London and has also written on social class and inequality. Loretta Lees is Professor of Geography at King's College London, U.K. She has published extensively on gentrification, urban regeneration and urban policy in both Europe and North America.
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content Notefigures
- Weight590 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.