All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMixed Media, Second Edition, introduces readers to the tools necessary for making moral and ethical decisions regarding the use of mass media. The chapters in this text offer insights on: Similarities and differences among the ethical dilemmas faced by the mass media Common ground on which to evaluate media behavior Media obligations Professional ethics Ethical theory and its application to the modern media Considerations of truth and harm New to the second edition is a focus on the three mass media industries most pervasive in today's society: the news media (journalism), advertising, and public relations, with individual chapters giving equal coverage to each. It includes an increased emphasis on new media and how ethics affect such concepts as social media, word-of-mouth marketing, and citizen journalism. Readers will come away with a greater appreciation for moral philosophy and theory as a foundation for decision making, and will develop a personal yardstick by which to measure their decisions.
- Author BiographyThomas Bivins is the John L. Hulteng Chair in Media Ethics in the School of Journalism and Communication at the University of Oregon where he is the head of the Graduate Certificate Program in Communication Ethics. He has worked in television and radio broadcasting, advertising, corporate public relations, and as a graphic designer and editorial cartoonist. He is the author of books on media ethics, public relations writing, publication design, advertising, and newsletter publication.
- Author(s)Tom Bivins
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.