All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat can you do with clay? Anything you want. For all that you can make with it, clay is an artist's dream--the perfect way to add more mix to your mixed-media art. But if the baking and firing it usually requires aren't your thing, you've come to the right book! In Mixed Media in Clay you'll use this traditional medium in excitingly different ways ( oven or kiln needed), and we'll also explore a wide array of alternative clays and clay-like options (resin, plastic, paper mache, plaster and more, even homemade recipes) and the many surprising ways you can use them. Create jewelry beads or a large sculpture. Produce a print or a textural background for a painting. Cast a replica or a replacement part. Create art big and small. There's limit what you can do with clay and its creative cousins! Darlene Olivia McElroy and Pat Chapman expertly guide the way with plenty of inspiration, ideas, techniques and troubleshooting tips. Inside you will find: *19 chapters covering printing, casting, molding, armatures, sculpting, pouring, dipping and more *12 types of clay and alternatives (including resin clay, paper mache, plaster, fiber paste and Critter Clay, powdered clay and more) plus recipes for six make-at-home clay mediums * More than 130 techniques, more than 40 tips and countless project ideas * Access to exclusive online content--4 full step-by step projects and even more tips and techniques So, what are you waiting for? Let your clay-play adventures begin!
- Author BiographyDarlene is a mixed-media artist and painter whose work always has a story to tell. She is the coauthor of Alternative Art Surfaces (Spring '14), Mixed-Media Revolution (2012), Surface Treatment Workshop (2011) and Image Transfer Workshop (2009). She has written for The Artists Magazine, PSA Graphics, and her work has been featured in several other publications. Darlene has taught workshops in Southern California, Arizona and New Mexico for over twenty years, and she is a member of AHA, Santa Fe Artists Voice, FOCA. Her celebrity contacts include Michael McGarrity, Wes Studi and John Shuck.
- Author(s)Darlene Olivia McElroy,Pat Chapman
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication26/02/2016
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPopular Woodworking Books
- Content Note250 colour illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width210 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.