Mixed Methodology: Combining Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches by Abbas M. Tashakkori, Charles B. Teddlie (Paperback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $91.82+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLooking for a practical guide to using mixed methodologies? This book explores the most effective way to combine qualitative and quantitative techniques. It begins with a discussion of the paradigm wars between positivism and constructivism, explains the difference between using mixed methods in just the research methodology portion of a study versus using mixed model studies across all phases of the process, and then presents a typology of mixed methods and mixed model studies.
- Author BiographyAbbas Tashakkori (Ph.D., Social Psychology, University of North Carolina -Chapel Hill) is the Chairperson of the Department of Educational Psychology at the University of North Texas (Denton, Texas, USA). Previously, has has been a Professor of Research and Evaluation Methodology at Florida International University (Miami, Florida, USA). He has been a post-doctoral fellow at the Carolina Population Center and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, as well as a visiting scholar at Texas A&M University. He has extensive experience as a program evaluator, and he has taught research methods for more than two decades in undergraduate and graduate programs at the University of North Carolina, Shiraz University, Stetson University, Louisiana State University, and Florida International University. In addition to research methodology, his published work covers a wide spectrum of research and program evaluation in cross-cultural and multi-cultural contexts, including self-perceptions, attitudes, and gender/ethnicity. Charles Teddlie (Ph.D., Social Psychology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill) is the Jo Ellen Levy Yates Distinguished Professor of Education at Louisiana State University (LSU). He has also taught at the University of New Orleans and has been a Visiting Professor at the University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne (U.K.). He has also served as Assistant Superintendent for Research and Development at the Louisiana Department of Education. His major writing interests are social science research methodology and school effectiveness research. Professor Teddlie has taught research methods courses for over twenty years, including statistics and qualitative research methods. He has been awarded the Excellence in Teaching Award from the LSU College of Education. Professor Teddlie has lectured on school effectiveness research and educational research methodology in several countries including the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, Russia, the Ukraine, and Belarus.
- Author(s)Abbas M. Tashakkori,Charles B. Teddlie
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication20/08/1998
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleApplied Social Research Methods
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 46
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Notetables, figures, bibliography, index
- Weight290 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.