All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFinally, a practical guide to mixed methods research has been written with health and human services professionals in mind. Watkins and Gioia review the fundamentals of mixed methods research designs and the general suppositions of mixed methods procedures, look critically at mixed method studies and models that have already been employed in social work, and reflect on the contributions of this work to the field. But what is most important is that they lead the reader through considerations for the application of the mixed methods research in social work settings. The chapters of this book are structured so that readers can (figuratively) walk through the mixed methods research process using nine steps. Chapters one, five, and six provide supplemental material meant to serve as grounding for chapters two, three, and four, which outline nine steps in the mixed methods research process, and specific to social work research. This is a short and practical guide t just for learning about mixed methods research, but also doing it.
- Author BiographyDaphne C. Watkins is a faculty member at the University of Michigan School of Social Work and the Department of Psychiatry. She studies gender disparities and mental health over the adult life course using mixed methods research approaches. She teaches graduate-level courses in research methods, mixed methods research, and community interventions. Deborah Gioia is Associate Professor of Social Work at the University of Maryland, Baltimore since 2006. Her clinical and research areas have concentrated around first episodes of psychotic disorders in the general population of young adults and now in veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan. Other research interests have been in practitioner adoption of evidence-based practices and everyday evidence of neuropsychological processes in persons with serious mental illness. She teaches courses in serious mental illness and has taught qualitative research methods in the PhD program.
- Author(s)Daphne Watkins,Deborah Gioia
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitlePocket Guides to Social Work Research Methods
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width144 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.