CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe Regional Travel Planner: Northwest & Alaska covers Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington. It also includes Side Trips to Salt Lake City, UT; Grand Teton National Park, WY; Jackson, WY; Crescent City, CA; Lassen Volcanic National Park, CA; Lava Beds National Monument, CA; Vancouver, BC; and Victoria, BC. Grizzly bear, moose, and bighorn sheep inhabit the wilderness of Idaho. This topographicaly diverse state is kwn for its potatoes, but it also produces large amounts of metals such as silver, perhaps the inspiration for the Silver Mountain Ski Area, one of many ski spots in the state. Oregon also has a varied landscape, with volcanic mountains that abut the Pacific Ocean and sand dunes to play in. Mobil Travel Guide provides a special section that takes you on a drive along Oregon's Central Coast. In Washington, you'll see both glaciers and apple orchards, expansive forests and dramatic mountain ranges, such as those in Mount Rainier National Park, where Mobil Travel Guide suggests activities including mountain-climbing. Alaska's mountains are million-year-old glaciers and North America's highest peak, Mount McKinley. Mobil Travel Guide offers event highlights including the famous Iditarod and Sled Dog Races. The Regional Travel Planner: Northwest & Alaska also includes chapters describing drives along some of America's Byways(TM): Cascade Lakes Scenic Byway, Hells Canyon Scenic Byway, Historic Columbia River Highway, McKenzie Pass-Santiam Pass Scenic Byway, Outback Scenic Byway, Pacific Coast Scenic Byway, Rogue-Umpqua Scenic Byway, Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway, West Cascades Scenic Byway, Northwest Passage Scenic Byway, Payette River Scenic Byway, Pend Oreille Scenic Byway, Chiok Scenic Byway, Mountains to Sound Greenway 1-90, Strait of Juan de Juca Highway-SR 112, Alaska's Marine Highway, Glenn Highway, and The Seward Highway.
The Mobil Travel Guide Regional Travel Planner series gives you a driver's-eye view of trips throughout the United States and Canada. Pick up essential facts, fun trivia, must-do events, and driving details in the introduction to each state, then flip through the book to find annually updated attractions, hotels, and restaurants that fit your itinerary and your budget. Organized alphabetically by state, or by city when applicable, the guides make it easy to find just what you need.
- PublisherMobil Travel Guide
- Date of Publication01/12/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleForbes Travel Guide: Northwest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMobil Travel Guide
- Out-of-print date07/08/2012
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width188 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.