Mobile Agents: Basic Concepts, Mobility Models, and the Tracy Toolkit by Peter Braun, Wilhelm R. Rossak (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $74.40Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMobile agents are software mads that act as your personal representative, working automously through networks. They are able to visit network des directly using available computing power and are t limited by platform. This emerging field is w poised to become a cornerstone for new Web-based ubiquitous computing environments. Mobile Agents provides a practical introduction to mobile agent techlogy and surveys the state of the art in mobile agent research. Students and researchers can use the book as an introduction to the concepts and possibilities of this field and as an overview of ongoing research. Developers can use it to identify the capabilities of the techlogy to decide if mobile agents are the right solution for them. Practioners can also gain hands-on experience in programming mobile agents through exploration of the source code for a complete mobile agent environment available through the companion website. This work summarizes the state of the art in mobile agent research, and identifies the benefits and limitations of current mobile agent techlogy to help developers understand the possibilities of this new field. It is accompanied by extensive mobile agents web portal with the Java source code for a complete industrial-quality environment for mobile agents, with significant parts of the system open source.
- Author BiographyPeter Braun is a postdoctoral research fellow at the Center for Intelligent and Multi-Agent Systems in the Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia. Previously he was a faculty member in the Software Engineering Group of the computer science department at the Friedrich Schiller University of Jena, Germany. He received a M.S. degree and a Ph.D. in computer science from FSU Jena. His research interests include mobile agents, especially agent migration protocols, and Grid services. Willi Rossak is professor of Software and Systems Engineering at Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany. He specializes in the modeling and development of distributed dynamic systems with a focus on the upstream tasks of the software life cycle. He received his Diploma and Ph.D. in computer science from the Vienna University of Technology, Austria. He has published more than sixty research papers on a wide variety of topics in software and systems engineering. He also works as a consultant for the IT industry and research institutions in many countries.
- Author(s)Peter Braun,Wilhelm R. Rossak
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication21/01/2005
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight1000 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.