Mobile Application: Architecture, Design, and Development by Heather Schneider, Robbie Schell, Valentino Lee (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.04Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe miniaturization of PCs in the form of Pocket PCs, Tablet PCs, and other mobile devices has provided new ways for users to interact with computers. This has led to a need to deploy and re-deploy many existing desktop applications into mobile users' hands. The deployment, however, is often fraught with problems ranging from poor business justifications, expensive development costs, technical and ergomic problems with the mobile devices, imperfect connectivity, complex application development and release management problems. This book covers mobile application development and integration, starting with a core set of requirements that typically need to be addressed. The book goes on to describe mobile application development in detail. It discusses mobile infrastructure: mobile devices, connectivity, synchronization, connection methods and connection protocols. It covers the mobile client user interface: device dependencies, images, page sizes and orientation, efficient data entry and the need to minimize typing, and highly advanced techlogies such as handwriting recognition and biometrics. The book presents fat versus thin client architectures and the hosting of web pages on Pocket PCs. It addresses mobile application security, including user authentication, data encryption, communication encryption and a data self-destruct mechanism on the mobile device. It also covers mobile application management, including ongoing maintenance and releases.
- Author BiographyVALENTINO LEE is a Principal Solution Architect for Hewlett-Packard. Over the course of his career, he has worked as a developer, architect, technical leader and project manager on numerous legacy, web and mobile application development projects. He holds Master's degrees in Biology, Electrical Engineering, and Computer Science from Oxford, Columbia, and London Universities. HEATHER SCHNEIDER formerly worked as a lead software developer for HP, designing and developing web and mobile applications using VB, Java, .NET and J2EE. She holds a Master's degree in Computer Science from Pace University. ROBBIE SCHELL is a lead software developer at HP who has developed many diverse legacy, web, and mobile applications using C, C++, C#, VB, Java, .NET, J2EE, and other leading technologies.
- Author(s)Heather Schneider,Robbie Schell,Valentino Lee
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication16/04/2004
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight572 g
- Width176 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.60Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.