All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a comprehensive report on the techlogical aspects of Mobile Health (mHealth) and discusses the main challenges and future directions in the field. It is divided into eight parts: (1) preventive and curative medicine; (2) remote health monitoring; (3) interoperability; (4) framework, architecture, and software/hardware systems; (5) cloud applications; (6) radio techlogies and applications; (7) communication networks and systems; and (8) security and privacy mechanisms. The first two parts cover sensor-based and bedside systems for remotely monitoring patients' health condition, which aim at preventing the development of health problems and managing the progsis of acute and chronic diseases. The related chapters discuss how new sensing and wireless techlogies can offer accurate and cost-effective means for monitoring and evaluating behavior of individuals with dementia and psychiatric disorders, such as wandering behavior and sleep impairments. The following two parts focus on architectures and higher level systems, and on the challenges associated with their interoperability and scalability, two important aspects that stand in the way of the widespread deployment of mHealth systems. The remaining parts focus on telecommunication support systems for mHealth, including radio techlogies, communication and cloud networks, and secure health-related applications and systems. All in all, the book offers a snapshot of the state-of-art in mHealth systems, and addresses the needs of a multidisciplinary audience, including engineers, computer scientists, healthcare providers, and medical professionals, working in both academia and the industry, as well as stakeholders at government agencies and n-profit organizations.
- Author BiographySasan Adibi (BS'95, MS'99, MS'05, PhD'10, SMIEEE'11) has a PhD degree in Communication and Information Systems from University of Waterloo, Canada and the recipient of the best PhD thesis award from the IEEE Society. He is currently involved in the research, design, implementation, and application Electronic Health (eHealth) and Mobile Health (mHealth). Sasan's research publication background is mostly in the areas of Quality of Service (QoS), Security, and eHealth/mHealth. He is the first author of 75+ journal/conference/book chapter/white paper publications and is a co-editor of four books, two of which are in the areas of mHealth and the other two books are in the areas of 4th Generation Mobile Networks and QoS. He is an inventor/co-inventor of 4 patents in the areas of Health Informatics. He has 9+ years of strong industry experiences, having worked in a number of high-tech companies, including: Nortel Networks, Siemens Canada, BlackBerry Corp., WiMAX Forum, and Huawei Technologies. He is the founder and managing director of Cyber Journals and serving as Cyber Journals Health Informatics Associate Editor. He served as a Vice Chancellor Research Fellow at Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) at the Department of Business IT and Logistics for two years. He is currently a lecturer in the School of Information Technology at Deakin University.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication19/02/2015
- SubjectComputing: General
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Bio-Neuroinformatics
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note267 black & white illustrations, 45 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight2136 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine60 mm
- Edited bySasan Adibi
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.