All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn wireless communication systems, the network keeps track of a user's location through an up-to-date user profile stored in various databases. A user profile contains t only a user's current location information, but also service information, such as billing and authentication. The cov- age area of an access network is divided into registration areas (RAs), and each RA is associated with a location database. The two basic op- ations in mobility management are location update and location lookup. When a user moves across the boundaries of these RAs, the network updates his location information in the pertinent databases. When a caller places a call using the callee's identification, the network queries the relevant database(s) to obtain the current location and other service information of the callee. The performance of mobility management can be further enhanced by using replicas of user profiles which may be kept at various locations. Replication techniques make profile information more readily available, thus reducing lookup cost and latency, but to keep these replicas c- sistent and fresh, they must be updated whenever the user profile is updated. The principle of replication is to replicate if the benefit of replication is greater than its overhead. The difficulty, however, lies in accurately measuring the benefit and overhead.
- Author(s)Donald C. Cox,Karen Q. Tian
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/03/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight284 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2004
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.32Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16