All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUse new media to attract and mobilize young people! Explore and examine the gamut of new media and the ways in which it can be used to recruit, organize, and mobilize young people--who represent the majority of new media users. Answer the questions: What is it? How is it being used? How does it work? How to get started? You'll get concise descriptions, screenshots, case studies, resources, and best practices in language that is easy for n-technical people to understand. You'll also gain a sense of the techlogy--without requiring any downloads, software or plug-ins. Includes a Foreword by Rock the Vote and contributions from Beth Kanter, Evan Williams, danah boyd, Fred Stutzman, Steve Grove, Jonah Sachs, Seth Godin, Zack Exley, Marty Kearns, Jason Fried, Mitch Kapor, and Katrin Verclas. Chapters cover Blogging, Social Networking, Video and Photo Sharing, Mobile Phones, Wikis, Maps, Virtual Worlds.
- Author BiographyBen Rigby has worked as CTO and president of several new media firms developing and devising web and mobile strategies for nonprofits and Fortune 1000 companies. Rigby?also founded MobileVoter.org, an organization dedicated to using new media to politically empower young people.
- Author(s)Ben Rigby,Rock the Vote
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/05/2008
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJossey Bass Wiley
- Content Noteill
- Weight484 g
- Width179 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.