Mobilizing the Green Imagination: An Exuberant Manifesto by Anthony Weston (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.78Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $27.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDysfunctional cities, catastrophic climate change, ever-deepening distance from nature--today we see environmental disaster everywhere we look. In Mobilizing the Green Imagination, philosophical provocateur Anthony Weston urges us to move beyond ever more desperate attempts to green the status quo toward entirely different and far more inviting ecological visions: * Life after transportation--decentralized work, inventive infill, and self-sufficient micro-communities to facilitate life in place * Adaptation with attitude--cities that welcome the rising waters * A great second chance--moving beyond exploitation of the whole natural world * A cosmic ecology--why t a green space program? These postcards from beyond the leading edge of today's green thinking are bold, audacious, extravagantly hopeful, and profoundly inspiring--the perfect antidote to the despair brought on by too many doom and gloom scenarios. Nothing less than a complete reinvention of contemporary environmentalism, Mobilizing the Green Imagination belongs in the back pocket of anyone who dares to dream of a brighter future and a better world. Anthony Weston is professor of philosophy and environmental studies at Elon University in North Carolina, where he teaches ethics, environmental studies, and Millennial Imagination. He is the author of twelve other books, including How to Re-Imagine the World and Back to Earth, as well as many articles on ethics, critical thinking, education, and contemporary culture. At Elon, Weston has been named both Teacher of the Year and Scholar of the Year.
- Author BiographyAnthony Weston is Professor of Philosophy and Environmental Studies at Elon University in North Carolina, where he teaches Ethics, Environmental Studies, and Millennial Imagination . He is the author of 12 other books, including How to Re-imagine the World and Back to Earth, as well as many articles on ethics, critical thinking, education, and contemporary culture. At Elon, Weston has been named both Teacher of the Year and Scholar of the Year.
- Author(s)Anthony Weston
- PublisherNew Society Publishers
- Date of Publication10/05/2012
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationGabriola Island
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Society Publishers
- Out-of-print date15/07/2013
- Weight271 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.