Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- Description'Mobilizing the Information Society' provides a critical assessment of progress towards the Information Society. It begins from the premise that the construction of the Information Society in Europe is a dynamic process and that the journey towards a society that is so heavily dependent on capacities to generate, distribute, and use digital information is far from straightforward. The book draws upon empirical research generated by researchers based in the United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Italy, and France that was originally funded by the European Commission's Fourth Framework Advanced Communication Techlogies and Services (ACTS) Programme which ran from 1994 to 1998. This book updates the original research, integrates the results around core themes, and provides an assessment of progress that has been made towards addressing key issues of interest to policy makers, the business community, and techlogy and service users. The authors lay the foundation for more useful theories of the process of change, more appropriate strategies to achieve the desired aims, and more effective policies for increasing the benefits and mitigating the effects of dislocation and exclusion from the Information Society. 'Mobilizing the Information Society' provides unique insights into the social, ecomic, and political forces that are structuring the pathway to the Information Society - and its consequences for business and individuals in their everyday lives.
- Author BiographyProfessor Robin Mansell holds the Dixons Chair in New Media and the Internet within the Interdepartmental Programme in Media and Communications (Media@lse), London School of Economics and Political Science. W. Edward Steinmueller is Professor of Information and Communication Technology Policy at SPRU, University of Sussex, where he directs the Information, Networks & Knowledge Research Centre.
- Author(s)Anna Smith,Robin E. Mansell,Science Policy Research Unit,W.Edward Steinmueller
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication26/10/2000
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note33 black and white figures, tables
- Weight934 g
- Width164 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.