All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe original CliffsNotes study guides offer expert commentary on major themes, plots, characters, literary devices, and historical background. In CliffsNotes on Moby-Dick, you follow along this great American vel; the turbulent and adventurous story of a sea captain's obsession with a white whale. This study guide shares a story about defiance, friendship, duty, and death - all immersed in symbolism, such as the white whale, itself. You'll gain comfort with the dark and complicated plot as you move through critical commentaries on each of the vel's 135 chapters. Other features that help you figure out this important work include* Life and background of the author, Herman Melville* Analyses of the characters* Introduction to the vel* A review section that tests your kwledge and suggests essay topics* A selected bibliography that leads you to more great resources Classic literature or modern-day treasure - you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
- Author BiographyStanley Baldwin is a writer and teacher living in Nebraska.
- Author(s)Stanley P. Baldwin
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- Date of Publication06/11/2000
- SubjectFiction Companions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCliffs Notes Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date08/10/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight216 g
- Width143 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.