All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Mock Trial: For Breach of Promise The Stage represents a Court of Justice. Bench for Jury extends across side of Stage. Judge's stand C. Witness Box R. 2 E. Counsel for Plaintiff R. of Judge, 1 E. Counsel for Defendant L. of Judge, 1 E. Table C. Books and Papers. Officers have Staff. [Enter Crier, Clerk of Court, Defendant with his Attorney. Jurors are on, holding an animated discussion.] Crier. (pounding with gavel.) Order! order! (Jurors sit.) [Enter Plaintiff with her Attorney, and Witnesses, Mr. and Mrs. Busby, Mary A. Busby. Take seats on Bench L. 1 E.] [Enter Judge.] Crier. Order! order! Clerk. Hear ye! hear ye! All persons who have any business to do before this court, come forward and give your attention and you shall be heard! Judge. Clerk will call Jurors for Clovertop versus Browne-Smythe. Clerk. Hear you! hear! Good men and true, come forward and answer to your names as they are called, and save your fines. (Unfolds long and formidable-looking document, reads off names. Jurors should each rise when his name is called so he may be easily identified, as their costumes should be suitable to their names. This will be good if well done.) Clerk. A. Hardcase. Hard. Here. Clerk. M. T. Head. M. T. H. Here. Clerk. Hans Zweilager. Zwei. Here. Clerk. N. R. Greenhorn. Green. Here. Clerk. Chow Chow Sing Sing. Chow. Alle here. Clerk. I. M. Deadbeat. Dead. Here. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Mrs G a Doremus
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight59 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.