All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionModality is the way a speaker modifies her declaratives and other speech acts to optimally assess the common ground of kwledge and belief of the addressee with the aim to optimally achieve understanding and an assessment of relevant information exchange. The contributions in this collection provide insight into modal techniques used in various languages from different areas of the world.
- Author BiographyWerner Abraham, Vienna University, Austria, and Munich University, Germany; Elisabeth Leiss, Munich University, Germany.
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication18/05/2012
- Series TitleTrends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [TILSM]
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 243
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables, 24 schw.-w. Abb., 8 schw.-w. Tab.
- Weight825 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byElisabeth Leiss,Werner Abraham
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.