All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmus are kept in situations that vary from extensive grazing to close confinement and housing. Whatever the form of husbandry, owners, managers and handlers of emus have a responsibility for the health, welfare and considerate treatment of the birds under their control. The basic behavioural, anatomical and physiological needs of emus are considered in this document, irrespective of the degree of intensive husbandry practised, or the climatic conditions to which the emus are exposed. The basic requirements for the well-being of emus covered in this Code include: *appropriate and sufficient food and water to sustain health and vitality *sufficient area to maintain their well-being and in which to exhibit rmal behaviour *protection from predation *protection from disease, including disease that can be exacerbated by management *protection from extremes of climate, particularly during certain phases of their lives *protection from pain, distress, suffering and injury The Code is intended as a set of guidelines that provides detailed minimum standards for assisting people in understanding the standard of care required to meet their obligations under the laws that operate in Australia's States and Territories.
- PublisherCSIRO Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2006
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitlePrimary Industries Report S.
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintCSIRO Publishing
- Width175 mm
- Height250 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.