All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA mesmerising and moving first collection, this anthology gives us a poetry of two minds. Confounded by Japanese-Canadian legacies too painful to fully embrace, Michael Prior's split speakers struggle to understand themselves as they submit to their reinvention: I am all that is wrong with the Old World / and half of what troubles the New. Prior emerges as a poet t of identity, but identities. Invented identities, double identities, provisional identities -- his art always bearing witness to a sense of self held long eugh to shed at a moment's tice. Model Disciple 's Ovidean shape-shifting is driven by formal mastery and mot juste precision. It's also one of the most commanding poetic debuts in years.
- Author BiographyMichael Prior's poems have appeared in many publications across North America and the UK. Winner of Walrus's Poetry Prize, Matrix Magazine s LitPop Award, Grain s Short Grain Contest, Magma Poetry s Editors' Prize and Vallum s Poetry Prize, Michael currently resides in Ithaca, New York, where he is an MFA candidate in poetry at Cornell University.
- Author(s)Michael Prior
- PublisherVehicule Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMontreal, QC
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintVehicule Press
- Weight124 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.