Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explains in simple terms the fundamental principles of flight and the basic aerodynamic factors affecting radio controlled flying models. Neither mathematics or higher physics is required in order to understand how and why model aircraft behave and sometimes misbehave in the way that they do. A little theory can be turned to practical advantage, enhancing model performance and the enjoyment experienced by the model flier. Although the book was written primarily for fliers of conventional radio-controlled models, the principles apply to other aspects of model flying such as free flight, control-line, helicopters and gliders.
- Author BiographyMartin Simons MA, MEd, BSc, now retired from his university teaching post has been flying models of all kinds, and full-scale sailplanes, for more than fifty years. His more advanced book Model Aircraft Aerodynamics is the standard work on its subject in the English language. Model Flight is a much simplified introduction to the same complex field.
- Author(s)Martin Simons
- PublisherSpecial Interest Model Books
- Date of Publication31/12/1998
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationHemel Hempstead
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpecial Interest Model Books
- Content Note109 b+w scale plans and line drawings; 3 tables of data.
- Weight218 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.