All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModeling Software with Finite State Machines: A Practical Approach explains how to apply finite state machines to software development. It provides a critical analysis of using finite state machines as a foundation for executable specifications to reduce software development effort and improve quality. This book discusses the design of a state machine and of a system of state machines. It also presents a detailed analysis of development issues relating to behavior modeling with design examples and design rules for using finite state machines. This volume describes a coherent and well-tested framework for generating reliable software for even the most complex tasks. The authors demonstrate that the established practice of using a specification as a basis for coding is wrong. Divided into three parts, this book opens by delivering the authors' expert opinions on software, covering the evolution of development as well as costs, methods, programmers, and the development cycle. The remaining two parts encourage the use of state machines: promoting the virtual finite state machine (Vfsm) method and the StateWORKS development tools.
- Author(s)Ferdinand Wagner,Peter Wolstenholme,Ruedi Schmuki,Thomas Wagner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/2006
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note195 black & white illustrations, 13 black & white tables, 4 black & white halftones
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.86Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.