Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionEngineers face many challenges in systems design and research. Modeling and Approximation in Heat Transfer describes the approach to engineering solutions through simplified modeling of the most important physical features and approximating their behavior. Systematic discussion of how modeling and associated synthesis can be carried out is included - in engineering practice, these steps very often precede mathematical analysis or the need for precise results.
- Author BiographyLeon R. Glicksman is Professor of Building Technology and Mechanical Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He founded and served as the head of the Building Technology Program for 25 years. He has worked on fluidized beds, glass forming, natural ventilation, and sustainable design for developing countries. He is a fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE). He was awarded the 1970 ASME Melville Medal, the 1969 ASME Robert T. Knapp Award and the 2008 ASME Heat Transfer Memorial Award. John H. Lienhard V has been a Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology for about 30 years, working in heat transfer, thermodynamics, fluid flow and desalination. Lienhard is a fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and a registered professional engineer. His awards include the 1988 National Science Foundation Presidential Young Investigator Award, the 2012 ASME Technical Communities Globalization Medal, the 2015 ASME Heat Transfer Memorial Award, and several teaching awards.
- Author(s)John H. Lienhard V.,Leon R. Glicksman
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/01/2016
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note122 b/w illus. 10 tables 66 exercises
- Weight620 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.