All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionMicro/na-scale engineering-especially the design and implementation of ultra-fast and ultra-scale energy devices, sensors, and cellular and molecular systems-remains a daunting challenge. Modeling and control has played an essential role in many techlogical breakthroughs throughout the course of history. Therefore, the need for a practical guide to modeling and control for micro/na-scale devices and systems has emerged. The first edited volume to address this rapidly growing field, Modeling and Control for Micro/Na Devices and Systems gives control engineers, lab managers, high-tech researchers, and graduate students easy access to the expert contributors' cutting-edge kwledge of micro/natechlogy, energy, and bio-systems. The editors offer an integrated view from theory to practice, covering diverse topics ranging from micro/na-scale sensors to energy devices and control of biology systems in cellular and molecular levels. The book also features numerous case studies for modeling of micro/na devices and systems, and explains how the models can be used for control and optimization purposes. Readers benefit from learning the latest modeling techniques for micro/na-scale devices and systems, and then applying those techniques to their own research and development efforts.
- Author BiographyAuthor of several award-winning papers in conference proceedings and recognized journals in his field, Ning Xi is the head and chair professor of the department of mechanical and biomedical engineering at City University of Hong Kong, Peoples' Republic of China. Previously he was a university distinguished professor and John D. Ryder professor of electrical and computer engineering at Michigan State University, East Lansing, USA, where he also served as the director of the robotics and automation laboratory. He received his D.Sc in systems science and mathematics from Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, USA. Guangyong Li is an associate professor in the department of electrical and computer engineering at University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. He received his Ph. D in electrical engineering from Michigan State University, East Lansing, USA. He has published numerous papers in peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings on nanorobotic manipulation, nanoscale characterization, and multiscale simulation of organic solar cells. A recipient of the U.S. Office of Naval Research's Young Investigator Award and the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society's Early Career Award, Mingjun Zhang is an associate professor at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA. Research results from his group have been published in and highlighted by numerous journals in his field. He received his D.Sc from Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, and his Ph.D from Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Peoples' Republic of China.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication02/12/2013
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAutomation and Control Engineering
- Series Part/Volume Number54
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note63 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byGuangyong Li,Mingjun Zhang,Ning Xi
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.