Modeling and Designing Accounting Systems: Using Access to Build a Database by Laura R. Ingraham, C. Janie Chang (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $338.78+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionGet the database skills that are in demand. More and more organizations are turning to database management systems to manage their accounting and other operational data. These organizations are looking for accountants with database skills and a good understanding of information techlogy. With Chang and Ingraham's Data Modeling and Database Design: Using Access to Build a Database you can develop the skills needed to build an actual accounting information system. Taking an approach that is both conceptual and practical, this book will help you understand the theory of data modeling, as well as its application and ultimate implementation in database design. Key Features include: step-by-step detailed instructions show how to model and design three essential processes of an accounting information system: the sales/collection process, the acquisition/payment process, and the human resources/payroll process; presents data modeling from an REA (resource-event-agent) perspective; the approach is software-independent, but utilizes Microsoft Access 2003 to implement the data models throughout the text; multiple-choice and detailed problems at the end of each chapter reinforce learning; and, includes a CD-ROM containing the additional data and forms you will need to complete each chapter.
- Author BiographyC. Janie Chang is a Professor Accounting Information Systems (AIS) at San Jose State University (SJSU). She received her Ph.D. from the University of California, Irvine. Before Moving to the Silicon Valley, Dr. Chang taught at California State University San Marcos and was elected as the Accounting Faculty of the Year for three consecutive years (1995-98). Since joining the faculty at SJSU, Dr. Chang was responsible for developing the undergraduate AIS program at SJSU. In addition, she assisted SJSU students in establishing the student chapter of Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) in 2002. Dr. Chang's current teaching responsibilities include AIS, Advanced AIS, IS Audit, Issues in E-Business, and Business Networks and Controls. Dr. Chang is very active and productive in research. Her studies have been published in leading academic journals including Abacus, Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory, Behavioral research in Accounting, Data Base, Journal of Accounting Literature, etc. In 2003, Dr. Chang received the SJSU College of Business Outstanding Academic/Theoretical Research Award. Laura R. Ingraham is an Associate Professor of Accounting Information Systems at San Jose State University. She holds both a Ph.D. in Business Administration and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Arizona State University. Prior to arriving at San Jose State, Dr. Ingraham served as an Assistant Professor at CSU San Marcos and at North Carolina State University State University, where she developed several distance education courses. Dr. Ingraham is the co-author of four textbooks and has written more than a dozen research papers on information systems, e-commerce, taxation, and accounting topics. Her work has been published in Expert Systems and Emerging Technologies, Strategic Finance, Tax Notes, Journal of State Taxation, etc. Dr. Ingraham's current teaching responsibilities include Accounting Information Systems, Advanced AIS and Risk Management, and Issues in E-Business. She has also taught in the areas of taxation and introductory financial and managerial accounting. Dr. Ingraham is the recipient of the 2005 San Jose State University College of Business Outstanding Undergraduate Instructor Award.
- Author(s)C. Janie Chang,Laura R. Ingraham
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/02/2006
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight285 g
- Width192 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.