Modeling and Simulation in Manufacturing and Defense Acquisition: Pathways to Success by National Research Council, Division on Engineering and Physical Sciences, Board on Manufacturing and Engineering Design, National Academy of Sciences, Committee on Modeling and Simulation Enhancements for 21st Century Manufacturing and Defense Acquisition (Paperback, 2002)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $35.87
About this product
- DescriptionThe Committee on Modeling and Simulation Enhancements for 21st Century Manufacturing and Acquisition was formed by the NRC in response to a request from the Defense Modeling and Simulation Office (DMSO) of DOD. The committee was asked to (1) investigate next-generation evolutionary and revolutionary M&S capabilities that will support enhanced defense systems acquisition; (2) identify specific emerging design, testing, and manufacturing process techlogies that can be enabled by advanced M&S capabilities; (3) relate these emerging techlogies to long-term DOD requirements; (4) assess ongoing efforts to develop advanced M&S capabilities and identify gaps that must be filled to make the emerging techlogies a reality; (5) identify lessons learned from industry; and (6) recommend specific government actions to expedite development and to enable maximum DOD and U.S. commercial benefit from these capabilities. To complete its task, the committee identified relevant trends and their impact on defense acquisition needs; current use and support for use of M&S within DOD; lessons learned from commercial manufacturing; three cross-cutting and especially challenging uses of M&S techlogies; and the areas in which basic research is needed in M&S in order to achieve the desired goals for manufacturing and defense acquisition.
- Author BiographyCommittee on Modeling and Simulation Enhancements for 21st Century Manufacturing and Defense Acquisition, National Research Council
- Author(s)Board on Manufacturing and Engineering Design,Committee on Modeling and Simulation Enhancements for 21st Century Manufacturing and Defense Acquisition,Division on Engineering and Physical Sciences,National Academy of Sciences,National Research Council
- PublisherNational Academies Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2002
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Academies Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.