All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionComputer modeling and simulation (M&S) allows engineers to study and analyze complex systems. Discrete-event system (DES)-M&S is used in modern management, industrial engineering, computer science, and the military. As computer speeds and memory capacity increase, so DES-M&S tools become more powerful and more widely used in solving real-life problems. Based on over 20 years of evolution within a classroom environment, as well as on decades-long experience in developing simulation-based solutions for high-tech industries, Modeling and Simulation of Discrete-Event Systems is the only book on DES-M&S in which all the major DES modeling formalisms activity-based, process-oriented, state-based, and event-based are covered in a unified manner: * A well-defined procedure for building a formal model in the form of event graph, ACD, or state graph * Diverse types of modeling templates and examples that can be used as building blocks for a complex, real-life model * A systematic, easy-to-follow procedure combined with sample C# codes for developing simulators in various modeling formalisms * Simple tutorials as well as sample model files for using popular off-the-shelf simulators such as SIGMA(R), ACE(R), and Arena(R) * Up-to-date research results as well as research issues and directions in DES-M&S Modeling and Simulation of Discrete-Event Systems is an ideal textbook for undergraduate and graduate students of simulation/industrial engineering and computer science, as well as for simulation practitioners and researchers.
- Author BiographyByoung Kyu Choi is a professor in the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, KAIST, in Korea and a distinguished adjunct professor of Computer Science at KAU in Saudi Arabia. He received his PhD in Manufacturing Systems Engineering from Purdue University. Since 1983, he has taught and researched in the areas of CAD/CAM and system modeling at KAIST. Donghun Kang received his PhD in Industrial and Systems Engineering from KAIST and has been working as a postdoctoral researcher at KAIST since February 2011.
- Author(s)Byoung Kyu Choi,DongHun Kang
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication08/11/2013
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight718 g
- Width163 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.