All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by authorities in the subject, this book provides a complete treatment of metal forming and machining by using the computational techniques FEM, fuzzy set theory and neural networks as modelling tools. The algorithms and solved examples included make this book of value to postgraduates, senior undergraduates, and lecturers and researchers in these fields. Research and development engineers and consultants for the manufacturing industry will also find it of use.
- Author BiographyProf. P. M. Dixit has been actively working in the area of metal forming, machining and non-traditional machining for the past 20 years. He has published extensively in leading international journals and carried out projects in the area of metal forming and large deformation. He also teaches Metal Forming, Plasticity and FEM to postgraduate and senior undergraduate students. Prof. P.M. Dixit obtained his bachelors degree in Aeronautical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, in 1974. He was awarded a silver medal for securing the first rank in the Department. Subsequently, he obtained his doctoral degree in Mechanics from the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, U.S.A, in 1979. After receiving his Ph.D. degree, Prof. Dixit taught at the Aeronautical Engineering Department of the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur for 4 years (1980-1984). Since 1984, Prof. Dixit has been teaching at the Mechanical Engineering Department of the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. Prof. U. S. Dixit has more than a decade's experience in carrying out research in the area of metal forming and machining. Apart from FEM, he uses fuzzy set theory and neural networks in his research. Before taking up a research career, he worked for four years as a machine tool designer in HMT Ltd. Pinjore, India. He has a number of publications, some of them jointly with Prof. P.M. Dixit. Prof. U. S. Dixit is currently a Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology in Guwahati. Prof. U. S. Dixit obtained his bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee in 1987. He gained his M. Tech in Mechanical Engineering and his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, in 1993 and 1998 respectively.
- Author(s)Prakash Mahadeo Dixit,Uday Shanker Dixit
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication22/10/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleEngineering Materials and Processes
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note31 black & white tables, biography
- Weight841 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2008
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.