All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModeling of Thermo-Electro-Mechanical Manufacturing Processes with Applications in Metal Forming and Resistance Welding provides readers with a basic understanding of the fundamental ingredients in plasticity, heat transfer and electricity that are necessary to develop and proper utilize computer programs based on the finite element flow formulation. Computer implementation of a wide range of theoretical and numerical subjects related to mesh generation, contact algorithms, elasticity, anisotropic constitutive equations, solution procedures and parallelization of equation solvers is comprehensively described. Illustrated and enriched with selected examples obtained from industrial applications, Modeling of Thermo-Electro-Mechanical Manufacturing Processes with Applications in Metal Forming and Resistance Welding works to diminish the gap between the developers of finite element computer programs and the professional engineers with expertise in industrial joining techlogies by metal forming and resistance welding.
- Author BiographyChris V. Nielsen received his MSc in mechanical engineering from the Technical University of Denmark in 2009. He is PhD student in manufacturing engineering at the Technical University of Denmark working on numerical modeling and experimentation related to resistance welding. He is co-author of 6 papers in international journals and conferences. Wenqi Zhang received his PhD in mechanical engineering from Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark in 1994. He is the president of SWANTEC Software and Engineering ApS and his current research interests include resistance welding, metal forming, adhesive bonding and numerical modeling of resistance welding and metal forming processes. He is co-author of one patent and 70 papers in international journals and conferences. Luis Alves received his PhD in mechanical engineering from Instituto Superior Tecnico, Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal in 2004. He is assistant professor of manufacturing and head of the manufacturing laboratory at Instituto Superior Tecnico and his current research interests include numerical and experimental modeling of metal forming processes. He is co-author of 4 chapters in books, several patents and nearly 40 papers in international journals and conferences. Niels Bay received his PhD in mechanical engineering from Technical University of Denmark in 1977 and his DSc (habilitation) from the same university in 1987. In 2011 he received the degree of Dr honoris causa from Instituto Superior Tecnico, Technical University of Lisbon. He is professor in manufacturing engineering at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, and his fields of interest include metal forming, metal forming tribology, resistance welding, cold welding and manufacturing of superconductors. He is former president of the Int. Cold Forging Group and fellow of CIRP, where he has served as chairman of the Scientific Technical Committee of Forming. He is member of several editorial boards of international scientific journals and he is co-author of 260 papers in international journals and conference proceedings. Paulo A. F. Martins received his PhD in mechanical engineering from Instituto Superior Tecnico, Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal in 1991 and received his Habilitation in 1999 in recognition of his work in the numerical and experimental simulation of metal forming processes. He is professor of manufacturing at Instituto Superior Tecnico and his current research interests include metal forming and metal cutting processes. He is associate member of CIRP (The International Academy for Production Engineering), belongs to the editorial board of several international journals and he is co-author of 4 books, several national and international patents and 250 papers in international journals and conferences.
- Author(s)C. V. Nielsen,L. M. Alves,Niels Bay,Paulo Antonio Firme Martins,Wenqi Zhang
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication09/10/2012
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleSpringerbriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology/Springerbriefs in Manufacturing and Surface Engineering
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note52 black & white illustrations, 2 colour illustrations, 1 black & white tables, biography
- Weight207 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.