All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Chaudfontaine Group was established in 2010 as an annual two-day gathering of young Europeans with diverse academic backgrounds, including lawyers, ecomists and political scientists, from relevant national authorities, European institutions, scientific centres and industry. Its members are invited to discuss their respective viewpoints on the European trade of sensitive goods, focusing on the strategic issues confronting this sector in a rapidly evolving international context. In December 2013, at its fourth conference, the Group met with African experts to debate the question of how African countries control the trade of dual-use items and the challenges they face in their search for effective regulations. The objective was to study whether international rms and experiences, pertaining both to states and to organisations, could be used as standardised models for African countries affected by unique security concerns. This volume analyses and discusses those trade control systems which could be described as models and might therefore serve as a standard to be exported to the African countries in question. The debate is multi-levelled and studies the possibility of setting universal, regional or even-sub-regional rms. The contributors to this book, who display a wide variety of expertise, call for the adoption of rms which they argue have the potential to reconcile freedom of trade with international security, without presuming that these rms should be universal.
- Author BiographyOdette Jankowitsch-Prevor is a consultant working for the International Atomic Energy Agency and a distinguished expert and lecturer in general nuclear law Quentin Michel is director of the European Studies Unit in the Department of Political Science at the University of Liege (Belgium). Sylvain Paile-Calvo is a senior researcher in the European Studies Unit in the Department of Political Science at the University of Liege (Belgium).
- Author(s)Odette Jankowitsch-Prevor,Quentin Michel,Sylvain Paile-Calvo
- PublisherPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Date of Publication22/09/2014
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleNon-Proliferation Et Securite / Non-Proliferation and Security
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- First Published2014
- ImprintPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Content Note9, 6 tabl./3graphs.
- Weight370 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.13New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.92New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.