All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnvironmental modelling has enjoyed a long tradition, but there is a defined need to continually address both the power and the limitations of such models, as well as their quantitative assessment. This book showcases modern environmental modelling methods, the basic theory behind them and their incorporation into complex environmental investigations. It highlights advanced computing techlogies and how they have led to unprecedented and adaptive modelling, simulation and decision-support tools to study complex environmental systems, and how they can be applied to current environmental concerns. This volume is essential reading for researchers in academia, industry and government-related bodies who have a vested interest in all aspects of environmental modelling. Features include: A range of modern environmental modelling techniques are described by experts from around the world, including the USA, Canada, Australia, Europe and Thailand; many examples from air, water, soil/sediment and biological matrices are covered in detail throughout the book; key chapters are included on modelling uncertainty and sensitivity analysis; and, a selection of figures are provided in full colour to enable greater comprehension of the topics discussed.
- Author BiographyGrady Hanrahan received his PhD in environmental analytical chemistry from the University of Plymouth, UK. With experience in directing undergraduate and graduate research, he has taught in the fields of environmental science and analytical chemistry at California State University, Los Angeles and California Lutheran University. He has written or co-written numerous technical papers and authored or edited four books. He actively employs environmental modelling techniques in his research and teaching activities.
- PublisherILM Publications
- Date of Publication09/03/2009
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleAdvanced Topics in Environmental Science
- Place of PublicationSt Albans
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintILM Publications
- Content Note65 B&W, 17 colour
- Weight840 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byGrady Hanrahan
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.