CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionJonelle Harvey's book outlines two related experimental techniques, threshold photoelectron spectroscopy and threshold photoelectron photoion coincidence techniques, which are utilised to investigate small halogenated molecules. All the experiments were conducted at the vacuum ultraviolet beamline of the Swiss Light Source, a synchrotron photon source, which has the advantage over popular laser photon-sources of extreme ease of tunability. Three studies are presented which combine experimental and computational ab initio approaches: studying the fast dissociations of halogenated methanes in order to construct a self-consistent thermochemical network; investigating the fragmentations of fluoroethenes from timebombs, which break apart very slowly but explosively, to fast dissociators; and uncovering how vital conical interactions underpin both the results of photoelectron spectra and dissociation patterns. The details included in this thesis are useful for researchers working in the same field and those readers wishing to obtain a solid introduction into the types of systems encountered in threshold photoelectron photoion coincidence spectroscopy.
- Author BiographyJonelle Harvey completed her PhD in 2013. This was a joint project between the University of Birmingham and the Paul Scherrer Institut, Switzerland. She is now a research fellow of the University of Birmingham and is engaged in another successful collaboration with the Paul Scherrer Institute.
- Author(s)Jonelle Harvey
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication10/11/2013
- LanguageEnglish & English
- Series TitleSpringer Theses
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, 39 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight450 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.